OICA Intern Opportunity: Program Management
Intern Job Description
OIC of America (OICA) is a community based nonprofit organization and the national office of a network of workforce development organizations. Our mission is to provide low-income people with the tools and support they need to overcome barriers to economic opportunity and social justice for families across America.
We envision a world in which all people are contributing members of their families and communities. Through our efforts and theirs, our participants break the cycle of poverty, creating a more just and equitable society. OICA provides job and life skills training and matches its graduates with the employment needs of local businesses. The organization and its network have trained over 2 million people nationwide since its origin. OICA is in search of a Program Management Intern to help the organization with its daily operations relating to programs. The details of the position are outlined below.
Description: OIC of America seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist with its program management department. This internship is an excellent opportunity to learn various aspects of program development and project management while working for well-known community based nonprofit organization.
Areas of Focus:
with coordinating activities between affiliates such as such as but not limited
- Collecting participant data
- Filing documents
- Scheduling conference calls
- Sending weekly reports
- Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly eNewsletter
- Organize and attend monthly programming meetings to include preparing agenda and learn to take minutes
- Research community organizations, employers, and resources that can add value to our programs
- Capture success stories from current and former participants
- Proficient in using tools and platforms instrumental in researching via the web
- Working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., social work, project management, business, public policy administration)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, & Excel.
- Strong communication and presentation in a professional manner for a business setting
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Self-proven relationship builder and influencer
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of OICA and the families we serve
Benefits: Gain additional skills/networking in a fun and flexible work environment where you can see the difference you’re making every day. Receive a letter of recommendation from OICA after successful completion of internship. Internship may be available for credit based on your institution’s guidelines.
Location: OIC of America, 1415 N. Broad St., Suite 116, Philadelphia PA 19122
Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
OIC of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.