COVID-19 Guidance for OICA
The spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has all of our attention. I wanted to let you know the OIC Network is doing everything possible to keep our employees, clients, and community members, safe while delivering essential services.
Businesses and Workplaces
For Employers and Businesses
Guidance and strategies to help prevent workplace exposures to COVID-19
Plan, Prepare, and Respond – Updated October 2020
See the CDC’s Guidelines here – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/organizations/businesses-employers.html
See the OSHA COVID-19 guidancepdf iconexternal icon for more information on how to protect workers from potential exposures, according to their exposure risk. Plans should consider that employees may be able to spread COVID-19 even if they do not show symptoms.
All employers need to consider how best to decrease the spread of COVID-19 and lower the impact in your workplace. This should include activities to:
- prevent and reduce transmission among employees,
- maintain healthy business operations, and
- maintain a healthy work environment.
What We’re Doing
We’re monitoring and following all guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), including taking the steps necessary to reduce the threat of COVID-19 exposure to employees and clients. Our affiliates, in many cases, remain open to serve you. Each affiliate has an emergency management plan, in accordance with their state, on how to proceed in our current climate. Some locations have had their hours adjusted as a result of local conditions. For the latest updates on affiliate hours, you can visit the websites of your local affiliate.
What You Can Do
· Stay home if you are sick and avoid close contact with people who are sick
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
· If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty
|OICA will update this site regularly with important information from the CDC. However, please visit this link for more information: CDC advice: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html Despite the threat posed by COVID-19, the OIC Network remains committed to serving you and your families. You are part of our family, and together we will get through this situation.|